Monday, June 27, 2011

On Being a Simple Girl

Yesterday, I went with my boyfriend when he got a haircut. I was reading an article from the Philippine Star by Divasoria. It was an article on the Simple Girl Index. I was laughing when I was trying to answer the index and determine if I was a simple girl. I found the actual test from divasoria's blog and answered it. Here's my answer:




I got 78 out of 530 points or 15%. This is very far from the passing rate of 75%. I would have disappointed all the nuns from my alma mater. They have been teaching us to be simple for eleven years of my life. Apparently, I ended up not being a simple girl.

I told my boyfriend this and showed him the article. He told me, "Eh, ano ngayon?" Haha. Unconditional love lang?! But it made me think, oo nga, ano ngayon.

We each have our own personality and individuality. The article mentioned that the typical ideal girl for Filipino men is a simple girl. But they would no longer be simple if there are no crazy girls like me. Aning-aning girls like me may be irritating at times, well, most of the time, but we bring color to the world. I mean that both figuratively and literally.

But I do agree in the article of divasoria that most of the girls who are "happily married and living the perfect lives" are the simple girls. I could name very few of my friends who are simple girls, and right, they are "living the perfect life", either are married or will marry soon.

Hmmm....do i need to work on my simplicity?! Haha.

Basta, if I'm not doing anything wrong or hurting anyone, I think I'm fine. And besides, simple naman talaga ako deep inside.


Yun na! Pak!

No comments:

Post a Comment