Sunday, April 10, 2011

Empty Nest Syndrome

This is the first time after several weeks that I just stayed at home on a Sunday. My daddy went inside our room early in the morning and told me if we could go out as a family. However, my younger brother and younger sister had other plans.


I think my parents are having the "Empty Nest Syndrome". According to wikipedia "Empty nest syndrome is a general feeling of loneliness that parents or guardians may feel when one or more of their children leave home."



In our case, no one has left home...yet. But I would admit, we (the children) rarely spend time at home. And if we are home, we are asleep or are trying to rest. I don't know if that's the word, but maybe, we're "growing-up". We are having lives separate from our parents'.


I remember when I was young, Sunday was always family day. We could not make plans to be with friends because we have to spend that day with the family. We would go to mass, eat out or watch a movie. However, nowadays, we don't get to go out as a family anymore. I miss those days. I think we should make a conscious effort to bring those back.


Inspired by my parents, I promised that when I have my own family (IF I will ever have my own family), I would do the Sunday activities we did as a family when I was young.


Wait, I think it's me who's having the Empty Nest Syndrome. Haha. Award.


Yun na! Pak!

4 comments:

  1. Empty nest din parents ko sobra. Chaka na daw ako bumukod pag mag-aasawa na ko. Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, sabi ni resto, pwede ka na daw mag-asawa hija. bwahaha. may hija talaga! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayoko pa mag-asawa! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. 'wag ka pa muna mag-asawa. 'wag ka makinig kay resto. haha.

    ReplyDelete