Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 - The year that was

In our organization, during our Christmas parties, we used to have a tradition of having an open forum to share our answers on the following questions:
  • What are you thankful for? (for the whole year)
  • What are you looking forward to? (for the coming year)
  • What will you leave behind?

Unfortunately for the past two years, due to some circumstances, we have not been able to do this tradition. And so before the year ends, I want to think about the year that was and look forward to the coming year.

I am thankful for...


a lot of things this year. This year has been one of the most blessed year of my life. First and foremost, I am thankful for the fact that my mother survived breast cancer. She was able to finish her chemotherapy without any complications. Her hair started growing already and she is no longer wearing a wig. If only for that, I am already contented with my entire year.

But it did not stop there, this year I found the "hands that would fit mine". Yes, I am now in a relationship. I already withdrew my membership in SSB and SMP. This year, I found my match. This year, we started our journey together.

This year was also a year of independence. My sister and I moved out of our parents' house and started living on our own, in our own condominium unit. Thanks to some savings and to the help of family members and friends, we were able to slowly buy appliances and things we need for our new home. I am slowly learning the art of living away from my parents.

And of course, my life would not be complete without my career. This year I was also promoted. A new position was established for me. I am always thankful for the trust that is given to me, as well as the respect I get from my colleagues. Although I usually find myself the butt of the jokes (I think that is the way they show their "love" for me), I also observe that SEDPIps look up to me, in terms of work. They would listen to what I have to say (sometimes, even regarding life situations). And I would always be thankful for that.

I am looking forward to...


a year of maturity. A year of wealth, health, beauty, wellness and love (like our mantra at the office). I finally began my quest on "adulthood" in 2011. I look forward to taking on more responsibilities. I have always been afraid of taking on more tasks and more responsibilities. But this year I have realized that I have to grow up and be more responsible not only for myself but for others as well.

I also look forward to new experiences. I would always want to have an answer to the question "when was the last time you did something for the first time?" One thing I don't look forward to is being stagnant. I want to experience new things whether it be at work, family life, social life, or love life. I look forward to meeting new people--people that would help me grow as a better person.


I will leave behind...


immaturity and irresponsibility. Now I am ready to face challenges head on. I would want to start with having a more financially responsible life. I am about to end 2011 with a financial planning session so that I would be more prepared for the future. I want to be more in-command of my finances (and other aspects of my life), as part of being a more mature individual.

I would also want to leave behind my maƱana habit. I was not able to take advantage of a lot of opportunities because I tend to put aside things. This coming year, I don't want to waste time, money, energy, etc. So 2012, bring it on.


I bid 2011 goodbye and will always be thankful to whatever I gained during that year. I look forward to 2012 with a more positive and mature perspective.


Yun na! Pak!





2 comments:

  1. ang aga ng year-ender! for that, gagayahin kita. gagawa rin ako ng ganitong entry after christmas haha.

    ReplyDelete